Appleheads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALL APPLEHEADS UNITE !

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh

Josh

Rep Points : 4

"The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread" Empty
PostSubject: "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread"   "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread" EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 pm

This thread is for all discussion involving the Michael Jackson Opus.

Anyone received theirs yet? As for me I'm still waiting....... :coffee: LOL
Back to top Go down
bnd90

bnd90

Rep Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread"   "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread" EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 4:03 pm

I'm waiting for mine too. I hope they send out tracking numbers cause I'm not gonna be home from the 16th - 19th :fear: if i see its gonna come during that time i'll just have my neighbor stay at my house and wait for it :lol:

still waiting :coffee:
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bnd90
thrillerchild

thrillerchild

PostSubject: Re: "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread"   "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread" EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:03 am

Nothing yet :( This is one package my dog will loose out to with its weight :-P
Back to top Go down
Josh

Josh

PostSubject: Re: "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread"   "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread" EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 11:09 am

This is from Shannon on MJJC

The Michael Jackson Opus is beautiful. I have not had the opportunity to read it all yet but it is gorgeous.

I had been waiting all day thinking it'll be here before 5pm (Fedex holiday hours are running and when I called they told me it could be as late as midnight!!) So, I figured it would be ok if I took the kids to see Santa. Left hubby home just in case they came he could sign for it. Well as I'm driving home I get the call - hubby says it arrived and he was opening it up!!!!!!!!!! omg I liked to have killed him from there! He teased me with stuff I won't even repeat

Regardless when I walked in the door the box was sitting on the table waiting for me. I felt like a lil kid all excited and anxious. I opened the outer box to find an inner box. Opened the inner box to find a Opus seal closing a white wrap around the clam shell case. Every thing looked so proper and exquisite. I broke the seal and there it was. Looked so beautiful - then I realized the case was cracked and I just knew the book was going to be destroyed inside. I don't think I even breathed when I pulled it out. But the book was beautiful. I had laid out a towel over the table and laid it on that. Then pulled out my lil glove and started looking through this amazing book.

It's wow. It's huge. My kids were staring over my shoulders til their lil fingers started trying to touch it and I chased em away lol

The first look all ya notice is all the pictures. There's so much. Though most are unseen before they jar all these memories of when I saw him do this or that and what we watched on tv or remembering comments from different sites. You feel happy just flipping through the pages. (Gotta admit the one glove is kinda silly though lol - I understand it and it's cute but ya need two to be effective - not so easy to flip pages with it either )

The joys represented in the book are sweet and to see his own wishes and concepts reflected in the commissioned art work is overwhelming. There is one picture that stopped me in my tracks. They were all so peaceful and kingly. But there was one that depicted Michael as Peter Pan. He looked so sad and it haunted me for a moment. His eyes looked painful - maybe it's just because I know he's gone and Peter Pan holds so little joy now.

Continuing I loved the entire idea of the fans work being included in a prestigious book made in the image of a scrapbook of Michael's life. The fans completed the magic of Michael Jackson. The works chosen were great. "Willow" has a beautiful page dedicated to her winning submission. I'll add a pic of it for everyone to see

There is so much more to say but I have to put my hyper children to bed and then I'll go back and read the OPUS in peace. I'll complete my review at that time.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Rep Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread"   "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread" EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:21 pm

still waiting :coffee:
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bnd90
Josh

Josh

PostSubject: Re: "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread"   "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread" EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 6:46 am

Got mine today!!! It's beautiful but massive
Back to top Go down
Just A Girl

Just A Girl

Rep Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread"   "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread" EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 4:11 pm

i ordered mine.. but then i got an email the next day saying it hasnt shipped yet cause it hasnt been released.. im like WTF.. i hope i didnt screwed by B&N.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread"   "The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread" Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Michael Jackson Opus Discussion Thread"
Page 1 of 1